Read Memorial Chapel is one of the finest examples of Gothic-Classic architecture in Connecticut and was constructed in 1914 as a gift from the D.M. Read Family of Bridgeport, CT. In addition to its magnificent columbarium for the perpetual and dignified inurnment of cremated remains, it offers a tastefully appointed meditation room, and a lovely chapel for committal services. In an extensive renovation program, the old-world charm of the chapel’s interior was enhanced by wall-to-wall carpeting, period furniture, and beautifully designed stained glass windows.
Committal services are held in Read Memorial Chapel with dignity and respect and can accommodate up to eighty people. Seating capacity is expanded by opening the sliding partition leading to the meditation room.